NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORT (NIT)
(Accredited by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE))
INVITATION FOR ADMISSION INTO ORDINARY DIPLOMA AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/2020
Applications are invited from qualified Candidates for admission into Ordinary Diploma (OD) and Basic Technician Certificates tenable at the NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORT for the academic year 2019/2020.
1. ORDINARY DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
1.1 COURSES OFFERED
The College provides an opportunity to successful applicants to join a three years course leading to the award of Ordinary Diploma (OD) in one of the following eleven programmes:
Transport and logistics management, Human resource management, Freight and clearing and forwarding, Procurement and Logistics management, Business administration, Accounting and transport finance, marketing and public relations, computing and information communication technology, automobile engineering, mechanical engineering and aircraft maintenance engineering,
- a) Applicant of Air craft maintenance engineering, Automobile and mechanical engineering should be holders of Certificate of at least Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with a minimum of four (4) passes of “D” grades in Physics or Engineering Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, and English. Or Form VI with at least one principal pass and one subsidiary pass of the science combination subject or basic technician (NTA Level 4 certificate in related field).
- b) Applicants of Transport and logistics management, Human resource management, Freight and clearing and forwarding, Procurement and Logistics management, Business administration, Accounting and transport finance, marketing and public relations programmes must have 4 passes excluding religious subject. Form VI with at least one principal pass and one subsidiary pass in the combination subjects Or basic technician NTA Level 4 certificate in related field.
- c) Applicants for Computing and Information communication technology should be holders of Certificate of Secondary Examination Education (CSEE) with a minimum of four (4) passes of “D” grades in any subjects excluding Religious studies. Or Form VI with one principal pass and one subsidiary pass in science combination subjects plus passes in basic mathematics and English language.
For all programmes, qualified applicants will be admitted under private sponsorship.
4. MODE OF APPLICATION
Applicant should apply through NIT Online Application System by visiting our website http://www.nit.ac.tz. There shall also be a helpdesk at the Institute’s Registrar Office to support applicants.
5. APPLICATION FEE:
The application fee is TZS 10,000/=
6. MODE OF PAYMENT:
All the applicants shall receive a “CONTROL NUMBER” from the system after filling all necessary details in the online application system. The control number will be used to deposit the application fee by using NMB or CRDB or Tigo Pesa or Mpesa or Airtell money.
7. CLOSING DATE (DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION)
Closing date for receiving the applications shall be communicated as per NACTE’s directives through a link in the Institute website.
8. INSTITUTE OPENING DATE
The Institute provisional opening date is on 4th November, 2019 for academic year 2019/2020. For further details visit the Institute website at http://www.nit.ac.tz or call the help desk using contacts below.
For more information or any support/inquiry please do not hesitate to contact us through;
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORT,
DAR ES SALAAM
Help desk Mobile: +255 782 422 199; +255 655 004 590; +255 713 794 870