Joyce B. Mpunga
Head of Department
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to company personnel.
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department.
- Contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of human talent for accomplishing the goal of the Institute.
- Overseeing the implementation of ethics and value promotion activities including corruption prevention education;
- Carrying out regular human resources audit and inventory of current and needed skills;
- Administering and overseeing implementation of activities such as recruitment, selection, orientation, training and employee development, promotion, discipline, retention, motivation, performance management and general staff welfare;
- Facilitating the provision of security services, transport and general utilities;
Coordinating implementation of ethics and value promotion activities;
- Guiding employee actions by researching, developing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organisation values;
- To coordinate the implementation of diversity issues and keep track of HIV/AIDS control programmes; and
- Creating an environment and working conditions conducive for high staff morale and productivity by initiating suitable safety, motivation, health, and welfare programmes.
Functions of the Human Resources & AdministrationThe Department is responsible to ensure that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized. Therefore, our essential responsibilities include:
- Workers Council Meetings
- Labour Day CelebrationsStaff welfare programmes
- Women Day
- Laws and Regulations
- Training programmes
- Other guidelines
Welcome note from Human Resources and Administration Department
The Department of Human Resources and Administration has a total of 53 staff. The department has four sections which are Human Resource Management, Administration, Health services and Transport services. The officers in the department are graduates from reputable higher learning institutions.
Goal of the DepartmentTo create trust, support and promote professional growth to NIT staff and allow the Institute function optimally, and realize its vision and mission.
Our MissionThe Department thrives on diverse individual and organizational performance as well as productivity through improved professionalism resulted by delivery of exceptional customer services.
Our VisionTo be recognized as a trusted resource, partner and innovator in support of NIT’s mandate as well as employees.
Our Core ValuesTo be recognized as a trusted resource, partner and innovator in support of NIT’s mandate as well as employees.
Promote Honesty, Integrity, and Trust: We honor our commitments and conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust.
Champion Employee Development: We are committed to maximizing the potential of every individual, support and promote the Institute as a learning organization.
Produce Quality Results: We believe those we serve deserve excellent service, a safe, productive, healthy work environment, and quality results.
Encourage Communication: We solicit the input of others and strive for transparency and inclusiveness.
Teamwork spirit: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds and celebrate participation and partnership in all of our endeavors.