Head of Unit
THE VISION OF QA&QC UNITTo become the Institute organ for quality assurance and quality control on all matters that affects the quality of the Institute service and products.
THE MISSION OF QA&QC UNITTo improve the quality assurance and quality control of the Institute services through cooperation with staff and students as they interact with one another for the advancement of teaching and learning, research and publications, consultancy and community services.
The QA&QC unit is assuring the students that the institute is providing high quality education which will help them to be employed in any organization within and outside the region. However, the unit insures our customers and general public that, our products and services are of the high quality that meet their demand.
Welcome note from QA&QC
The Quality Assurance and Quality Control Unit (QA&QC) of the National Institute of Transport (NIT) is a quality coordinating organ operating directly under the office of the Rector serving as secretariat to the Rector on quality assurance matters across the Institute. As an internal organ, the QA&QC is responsible to constantly monitor and periodically evaluate the functioning of other units within the institute to determine the extent to which they play their roles as per established regulations and comply with the quality standards.
FUNCTIONS OF THE QUALITY ASSURANCE AND QUALITY CONTROL UNIT
- Providing advice to the institute organs on quality assurance matters;
- Ensuring that the set performance standards in all aspects of the Institute functions are appropriate and relevant;
- Developing and periodically updating generally operational manuals to guide the institute – level of QA operations, as well as instruments for use in evaluations;
- Providing technical guidance and advice to implementing units to ensure compliance to the set quality standards;
- Providing advice and guidance to implementing units on the execution of QA activities;
- Coordinating internal self-self-assessment including programme assessments, facility inspections and institutional audit;
- Facilitating the external evaluation of the institute by national and international accreditation agencies;
- Monitoring the implementation of recommendations of internal and external quality assurance evaluations (improvement plans)
- Analyzing all QA reports (student’s course evaluations, External examiners reports, external audit report, etc.) and identification of issue arising from them for the attention of the management at departmental, Directorate/school and institute levels;
- Advising the institute management on QA matter relating to teaching/learning, research, and consultancy, and matter relating to internal support service. For example, regularly carrying out monitoring of teaching and learning process and the learning environment including conduct of the institute examinations.
- Updating the Rector and DRs on the functioning of the QA system and on the overall quality status of the institute.
- Linking the institute with the national Higher Education Commissions and Councils, and related agencies in QA matters; and
- Linking the institute with professional bodies that are relevant to its various curricula.
- Coordinating and support tracer studies and exit survey.
- Coordinating internal and external assessment of programmes and institution as a whole.
- Organizing seminars workshops and conferences on quality to create the culture of quality assurance in the system.